- Who We Are
- Student Life
- Parent Community
- Support St. A's
- Back to School
- Facts SIS
- Code of Conduct for Catholic Workers
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- COVID 19 Safety Plan
- The Latest @StA’s
School Uniforms can be purchased through Dennis Uniform Company - school code O23STA - 415-206-0111, Land’s End - 1-800-469-2222 - www.landsend.com/school. School sweatshirts can be purchased and logoed through Land’s End. Used uniforms are available through purchase, if interested please contact the school office.
On the first day of school, picture day, and all Mass days students must wear the regulation full uniform. Land’s End gives the option of our school logo on the white polo shirts. Students may now add the optional logo to his/her polo shirt. School logos must be embroidered on school sweatshirts.Length at the knee
SWEATER (TK-8)New: SWEATER VEST (TK-8)
|SWEATSHIRT (TK-5) optional||
|SWEATSHIRT (6-8) optional||
|TIE (6-8) optional||
Additional Uniform Instructions:
- All clothing needs to be an appropriate size.
- Plain white undershirts/undergarments may be worn under polo shirts or blouses. No printing, picture, or colors.
- Shoes must be appropriately fastened.
- Hair coloring and highlights are not acceptable.
- Girls’ hair accessories/headbands should match the uniform on Mass days and school picture day, no whimsical hair accessories are permitted on those days.
- Boys’ hair – must be neatly trimmed around the ears, above the collar in the back and above the eyebrows.
- No designs shaved into hair or drastic hair styles.
- Boys are to be clean-shaven.
- No makeup or nail polish.
- No expensive jewelry except: cross or religious medal on simple chain, medical alert bracelet and post earrings for girls.
- Only one post is allowed in each ear.
- No hoop earrings.
- Watches are allowed. If a smart watch is worn, it may only be utilized as a watch and not as a phone. If a student is found in violation of such, the watch will be confiscated and the parent will have to pick it up in the office after school.
- Hats and beanies can be worn outside during summer and winter months. Hats and beanies should not contain logos that are offensive or inappropriate in nature.
- Sweatshirts: St. A’s embroidered logo sweatshirt only – no other sweatshirts allowed.
- Jackets, gloves and scarves are outside apparel and can only be worn outside, not in the classroom.
- Shorts must be knee length and navy blue or black in color. Shorts must be worn under skirts and jumpers
- Students that are in the decathlon team may wear the sweatshirt, unless it’s a full uniform day.
NON-REGULATION UNIFORM DRESS CODE:
Non-regulation uniform dress days will be decided by the administration and will be announced in the weekly Shamrock Newsletter and FACTS SIS
Non-regulation uniform dress is usually reserved for birthdays, spirit days, and peace partner raffle winners.
Girls may wear pants or jeans; shorts, skirts or dresses (no shorter than two inches above the knee when standing straight); sweaters, blouses or tops with sleeves, with or without a collar, (no midriffs, no spaghetti strap tops and/or tank tops are acceptable to wear over other clothing). No ripped, frayed or jeans with holes allowed. Athletic type shoes only. Girls in 3rd - 8th grade are allowed to wear yoga pants as provided the length of the blouse/top is as long as the arms are when extended at the side. Girls in TK-2 are allowed to wear leggings for non-regulation dress.
Boys may wear pants or jeans; shorts at the knee/uniform length; shirts with sleeves, with or without a collar. Do not wear shirts/tops with inappropriate writing or pictures. No ripped, frayed or jeans with holes allowed. Athletic type shoes only.
After high school registration takes place, students in 8th grade have the privilege of wearing their high school sweatshirts. The 8th grade teacher will let students know when this may begin.
This list is not meant to be all inclusive. The faculty or administration will judge the appropriateness of a student’s appearance. A notice regarding improper grooming or dress will be sent home by the classroom/homeroom teacher. Any item which in the judgment of the administration is not to be in alignment with the mission of the school, it may be confiscated and/or prohibited.